Apiary and Garden Learning Center
2023 Tour Groups not including the 250 people who attended the Grand Opening
This page will now serve as a calendar for all events for the Apiary and Garden Learning Center. Here are the Goals that we have established for the Learning Center. Each Saturday at 10:00 AM, we will be conducting Hive Dives. These are great learning opportunities for anyone interested in learning more about taking care of bees. Basically, every other week will be a dive into the even/odd numbered hives. We will be checking for the general health of the hive, the queen, and taking the necessary steps to strengthen weak hives.
2023 - 2024 Beekeeping Goals at TBA Apiary
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Alcohol Wash
- White Board Observation
- Appropriate treatments based upon testing results and time of year.
- Over Winter Survival
- Manage bees in deep brood boxes for collection of resources (not managing for honey production)
- Control Moisture
- Queen Health
- Feed emergency sugar bricks as necessary
- Hive Boxes
- Insulate during colder months
- Straps for wind protection
2. Support Queen rearing Team
3. Site to provide learning opportunities for TBA and Community Members
- Saturday Weekly Hive Dive
- Queen Team training
- Beginning Beekeepers Class
Funding for this project has been provided by generous gifts from:
Loren E. Parks Trust Fund
Please support our loyal Sponsors!
Visit their website by clicking on their logos, or simply visit their businesses and thank them for their support of:
Tillamook Beekeepers Association.